The wood for the archtop arrived from Bow River Woods in British Columbia. This is their 1A quality wood set and the top is quartersawn, book matched, Sitka Spruce with an average of 17 lines/inch over the entire 9 3/4 inch width. The back, sides, neck are maple with a small amount of fiddle-back to it. The fingerboard and bridge are ebony and have good uniform color to them. Overall I am pleased with the quality of this beginner grade wood set and the price was the best I had found. The package weighed over 30 pounds so the shipping was slightly over $50. The wood was left for a week to acclimate to the temperature and humidity of the shop. The one piece neck is the huge quartersawn board on the left in this photo.
- Archtop Guitar Build - Side Bending and F-Hole Bin...
- Archtop Guitar Build - Top Plate and F Holes
- Archtop Guitar Build - Carving the Inside of the P...
- Archtop Guitar Build - Smoothing the Plates
- Archtop Guitar Build - Carving the Plates (making ...
- Archtop Guitar Build - Safe-T Planer
- Archtop Guitar Build - Millwork, Jigs and Tools
- Cuckoo Clock Repair
- Archtop Guitar Build - Lofting the Top and Back
- Archtop Guitar Build - Opening thoughts...
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2011 (33)